After injecting himself with Tayuya's DNA, Kabuto gained access to this technique. Instead of her ordinary flute, he instead used a doppelgänger of Kimimaro to create a flute made of bone. Kabuto's version of this technique has the victim wrapped with snakes instead of ropes.
Trivia Edit Edit
- Mateki (魔笛) is the Japanese name for Mozart's famous opera Die Zauberflöte.
- When Shikamaru Nara was caught by this illusion, in the manga, the flesh of his arm was melting off his bones; in the anime, his entire arm was melting, including the bones.
- In the Ultimate Ninja series, Tayuya uses this technique when she enters the Curse Mark Mode Stage 2. Here she imprisons the enemy and all three ghosts attack the opponent.
- In Tayuya's character profile in the second databook, this technique is called "Demonic Illusion: Phantom Sound Chains" (魔幻・夢幻音鎖, Magen: Mugen Onsa).
- In his anime rematch with Tayuya, Shikamaru demonstrates that one can shield themselves from the genjutsu's effects if they plug their ears before coming within range of the flute's sound.