A secret taijutsu that is orally handed down only within the main house of the Hyūga, this technique utilises the chakra control gained through Gentle Fisttraining to release a huge amount of chakra from all the chakra points on the user's body. It is also a defensive manoeuvre to compensate for theByakugan's blind spot as the released chakra blocks any possible attack on the user. After releasing chakra from every tenketsu in their body, the user then spins rapidly to parry the attack, both creating a rotating shield of chakra around themselves and tossing away any nearby attackers. The user can also actively control the size and power of the sphere to suit the situation. This technique is only effective when rotating, since the chakra itself is not enough to stop a physical attack thus if they cannot spin, the user becomes vulnerable. The technique is also capable of reflecting an opponent's chakra against them.
Trivia Edit Edit
- "Kaiten" (回天, Literally meaning: "revolving heaven") is a term used to refer to turning the tides or fighting back up from a weak position. When written as "回転" (kaiten), it means "revolving" or "spinning". This technique in a way, combines both words into one.
- Neji learned this technique via his own perception and talent, as he is a branch family and it would not have been taught to him.
- Tenten described this technique as the most powerful and perfect defence, surpassing evenGaara's sand.
- In Naruto episode 61, Neji was able to block Naruto's punch without needing to spin, which was an error in the animation.
- In Naruto: Shippūden episode 268, Hizashi used this technique after being reincarnated, despite the fact that it is a main house technique and as such, would not have been taught to him.
- In Naruto: Shippūden episode 377, it is revealed that this technique's can reach speed up to about 1200 km/h (745.6 mph). Also, if any opponent can outrun this speed in the direction of the rotation, it will breach the defence.
- In Naruto: Shippūden episode 390, Hanabi attempted this technique but couldn't perform it properly as she kept repelling herself out of the technique quickly upon forming it.